Benefits of Paraffin Wax
Paraffin offers two significant benefits which make it the obvious choice for the cosmetics industry.
Softens skin: Paraffin hydrates and coats skin making it softer and smoother. It also opens up the skin’s pores and increases blood circulation which helps skin absorb moisture. Paraffin is a great ingredient for moisturizing skin cuticles and treating extremely dry skin. This makes it an important in gradient for the cosmetic industry.
Relieves pain: Paraffin wax is also used as a pain treatment ingredient. Smoothing molten paraffin wax on to the pain spot encases the area, helping trap in heat to relax and soothe the surrounding tissues. Although it began being used to treat stiff joints and arthritis pains, therapists began using it all over the body for de-stressing and relaxing treatments.
Uses of Paraffin Wax in Cosmetics
Paraffin wax is used extensively in the cosmetic industry. Its applications include:
- A general skin softener for instance, Vaseline.
- To add creaminess and shine to most cosmetics
- In creams and lotions as a hydrator
- In lipsticks for shine and hydrating effect
- In hair shampoos and conditioners
- For spa treatments
- In hair removal products such as cold and hot wax